Saturday, October 04, 2008

Drawing Night :: Love is Black in Red


"Love is Black in Red" - Black stands for mystery and Red for passion.

Last night I was listening to one of my good old friends Jokūb's JBradio live ( you can visit his netlog space on lt.netlog.com/fUnkY__D ). He has a really great taste for music and lots of sweet tracks mixed by himself I find very inspiring. Just like that night I couldn't sleep and spent it drawing till dawn. I think it's some kind of relaxation ritual, alike meditation, only in a lot more enjoyable form :) Moreover, I totally had to draw smth to keep my wrist "warm" and use a little bit of something I've learned through my Art Academy years...

I also remembered my comrade Rorkas mentioning that I draw lots of crap and that I should draw smth special for myself. So I thought of what I like: Music, Black color, Girls and... wuala! - some floating long-haired chick in black for my blogspot sidebar.

While I was doodling and thinking of music, I used a music key (below) as a reference that helped me to visualise and shape the whole composition and dynamics in the figure. I guess it turned out okay...




This is a sample of music type I usually enjoy while drawing at night

( part of the mix from JBradio ). Thank you, Jokūb, for sharing the best sounds I've ever heard!

4 comments:

agile. said...

oh, this is brilliant! i fell in love with black lately... =)

PauZak said...

thank you, agile! ;]



yup, black is the color of objects that do not emit or reflect light in any part of the visible spectrum. and that's one of the things that makes it soooo special :P

kolorz said...

nu niablogai ir net kaskike sexovaj

PauZak said...

:))) ačiū!

Post a Comment